SIEM Splunk Engineer
The SIEM Expert will be part of CyberProof’s SOC group, focusing on SIEM technologies. The role requires a details-oriented professional who will provide SIEM support to our pre-sales teams and support the delivery of SIEM solutions to our customers.
The SIEM Expert will be called upon to understand the customer requirements and recommend the appropriate SIEM solution to meet those requirements. The SIEM Expert will support the SIEM solution with Architecture and Design documentation.
This role is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong technical, communication, and customer facing skills.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
· Understand customer requirements and recommend best practices SIEM solutions
· Offer consultative advice in security principles and best practices related to SIEM operations
· Developing new SIEM rules, correlations, dashboards to meet the customer needs
· Design and document a SIEM solution to meet the customer needs
· Assist in the creation and verification of Statement of Work (SOW) documentation
· Assist pre-sales with SIEM sizing, Architecture, RFP’s and client technical meetings
· Deploy and configure the SIEM platform as per Vendor guidelines and industry Best Practices
· Assist client with technical guidance to configure end log sources in-scope to be logged to the SIEM
· Verification of data of log sources in the SIEM follow the Common Information Model (CIM)
· Document the build of the SIEM solution
· Experience with Azure Sentinel SIEM platform.
· University degree in information security or equivalent work experience
· Minimum 4 years experience in a similar role
· Preferred SIEM vendor certification of administrator
· Experience and proficient in UNIX/Linux