Join CyberProof Today
Senior Threat Hunter
Israel, Service Delivery
CyberProof is a cyber security services and platform company whose mission is to help our customers react faster and smarter – and stay ahead of security threats, by creating secure digital ecosystems. CyberProof automates processes to detect and prioritize threats early and respond rapidly and decisively.
CyberProof is part of the UST Global family. Some of the world’s largest enterprises trust us to create and maintain secure digital ecosystems using our comprehensive cyber security platform and mitigation services.
CyberProof is seeking a Senior Threat Hunter to join its global SOC team.
Expectations from this role:
- Willingness to travel once a quarter for a week within Europe.
- Proactively drive hunting and analysis against the available dataset to look for indicators of security breaches.
- Leverage internal and external resources to research threats, vulnerabilities, and intelligence on various attackers and attack techniques, to form hunting workflows and mitigation steps.
- Design and implement data mining techniques to extract meaningful insights from large data sets.
- Collaborate with the incident response team to develop EDR-based detection and response workflows.
- Perform analysis on data sets from various sources including, network, endpoint, and cloud environments.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the latest cybersecurity technologies, trends and threats.
- Participate in the development of reports and dashboards that provide insights into the cybersecurity posture of the client.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement new tools and techniques to enhance cybersecurity analytics.
Typical performance measures:
- Managing customer records from several perspectives: routine meetings and engagements with customer’s stakeholders, identifying security issues in the environment, scheduling and managing hunting activities across a calendar, preparations and executing of hunting activities, creating timely reports, etc.
- Collaborate with other teams to locate research initiative.
- Conduct deep technical research on security breaches.
- Operating under “Hunter’s state of mind” to be proactive and leverage data into hunting workflows.
- Manage customer records to set hunting activities on a scheduled basis.
- Innovate new processes and workflows to deploy proactivity in all aspects to address complex threats and risks.
- Proven experience of 5+ years in Cyber Threat Hunter or Incident Response, including high skills in forensics and investigation of the network, endpoint, and cloud logs.
- Deep and proven knowledge and understanding of attacks and compromise footprints.
- Deep and proven knowledge of baseline operating system internals, network communications, and user behavior.
- Critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and innovative way of thinking.
- Action-oriented and have a proactive approach to solving issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization, time management, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with security applications such as data lake, SIEM, and EDR.
- Ability to use forensic tools and analysis methods to detail nearly every malicious action.
- Ability to conduct endpoint security and Windows artifact analysis: Registry hives, Event Log files, File system analysis, etc.
- Ability to conduct network security and understand TCP/IP component layers and distinguish normal from abnormal network traffic.
- Ability to conduct cloud security (Cloud Storage File and Metadata Examinations).
- Ability to do malware analysis using the sandbox to identify and analyze suspicious artifacts in sandbox reports.
- Ability to continuously learn new technology and stay updated on cyber threats.
Certifications which may be valuable:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Computer Examiner (CCE)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
- Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE)
Cyberproof has great people, great ideas and is always willing to provide support! Special thanks and ‘kudos’ to my manager who has provided excellent support in my journey so far…looking forward to more…!
– Karthik Viswanathan, Head of Advisory Consulting and Engineering